Thursday, February 9, 2017

Queen of Cups - "The Treasure of a Woman's Psyche"





I love the description of this beautiful Queen of Cups in the Essential Tarot by Rosalind Simmons who writes,
 "This queen drinks deeply from the cup of life." The queen of influence is calm, compassionate and intuitive.

Cups being connected to emotions, relationships, friendships and romance relates directly to this Queen, who lives her life based on her intuition instead of her intellect. There are many positive things about living this way, and it definitely has worked for me and continues to always be my default.

Understanding of course, that there needs to a balance between the intuition and intellect, sensing and paying close attention to what my intuition tells me, deepens my inner life. It's only when I don't pay attention to this it's then that I get into problems.

Especially in the past, I have found myself in circumstances with others, that are not healthy, and so I'm so grateful knowing today that I've a choice to live a better way. It doesn't mean I no longer make unhealthy choices, but I'm much better at making healthier choices.

Dr. Clarissa's Pinkola Estes says in her book Women Who Run With the Wolves, "Intuition is the treasure of a woman's psyche." Living intuitively doesn't mean becoming complacent and no longer pay attention because I've got it all figured out. Not at all the opposite is true. I strive everyday to pay attention to that intuitive creative spirituality, enabling me, much like the Queen of Cups me to 'drink deeply from the cup of life.'

Vasilisa The Wise - Catherine Meyers

No comments: