Sunday, April 24, 2016

Page of Swords - Reason - Curious and Energetic




My thoughts lately and especially today, have been like the Page of Swords in that my thoughts are quickly darting around in my sometimes befuddled mind.

What I especially love about this Page is the message of being curious and energetic. These two characteristics reflect some of what creativity means to me.
Right now I am full of thoughts and ideas about the things I need and want to do, along with all those objectives and goals I have set for myself within the next six months or so.

 When I think about all the things I have to do, it can suddenly feel a little daunting and overwhelming, having so many items on my list. Which reminds me I need to make a list!

I once had one of those bookmark/fridge magnet thingy(s) with very helpful and practical wisdom about how to get yourself together, unstuck, uncluttered and organized. I wished I could find that thingy. This wisdom is specifically in reference to all aspects of life, mind, body and spirit.

One way I can keep this simple is in knowing and reminding myself that, if one area of my life is out of sync with the other parts, I'm out of balance. I can know this on an intellectual level, but to truly know it, I have to make that connection, often it's the longest journey that lies between the head and heart.

Now with the internet, bookmarks and fridge magnets that have such pearls of wisdom on them, might not be in such demand, or have gone the way of the dodo, but I still like them. There is however a copious amount of such helpful information available to the person who is searching for a way to get things done, when life feels overwhelming.

Dan Waldschmidt has one such great list called of 12 ways to get things done when life feels overwhelming.


No comments: