Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Lovers - What's Love Got To Do With It?



Most of us when we see this card our initial reaction might be to have thoughts of romance and all that gooey gushy stuff. I think of it as a card of choice in love and/or chance.

I've have friends say they envy my single life. I can say the same of them sometimes. There are positives and negatives to both lifestyles. Generally speaking I am happy and content on my own. I met my soul mate, my partner, and companion 30 years ago whom I lost to death. If am to never meet another I accept that, because I know he watches over me, until he will stand by me again.

Romantic love is highly idealized in our culture. The media is full of it, and is mostly based on falsehoods and fantasy. Many can't live alone, and don't much like their own company I suspect. The couples that truly understand what it means to be in a loving relationship are few and far between I believe.

It was once explained to me by a spiritual man who was my spiritual mentor, that two individuals come into relationship together as two whole circles, where the creator is central. They intersect, and instead of the circle getting smaller excluding others, it gets bigger expanding to include others in community. It's called our compassion circle.

Compassion Circle


Here's my abstract interpretation of the compassion circle

My last dance with Bill was to Ben E. King's Stand By Me, while he was in hospital. I love this official video of John Lennon's better, and I'm sure Bill would too.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Love multiplies when shared!

Unknown said...

Such true words Ellen.

I've learned that the two most important things to me in life are living with an open mind and an open heart and to share these with others. But I can't share them if I don't have them.