Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Using The Magician's Tools When The Arse End Goes Out of 'er.



Well I couldn't have drawn a better card than the Magician today. I have spent the past three days without my internet or my phone due to unknowingly disconnecting a cable from my router and then I unknowingly connected it incorrectly. I finally figured this out with persistence, and the expertise of a good computer technician I called a few times from a good neighbour's phone..

 Being sick with a rotten cold and flu bug, along with some car problems, all added to my frustration. It takes patience to ride the wave of chaos and confusion, and it can do a number on your self-esteem, your self-confidence, and your overall health, if you let it. We all experience days like this and can feel like we have some dark raining cloud hanging over our head with a universe conspiring against us. We have to make a choice to turn our good days into bad somehow. There is always something good to be found in the bad days, and they can go from bad to good, which makes the good days even better, with the wisdom of patience and gratitude.

Letting go, taking care of yourself  and just riding the wave until calm seas prevail, is the only thing to do, if you have given everything else a try, and then, wait. If not, it's real easy to make things more complicated and difficult for ourselves, in trying to force a solution.

I have to say I have a love hate relationship with technology, and though I certainly wouldn't call myself a geek, nor a Luddite, but I think I'm somewhere in between. Maybe a Geuddite. I enjoy all the benefits of technology but have real negative feelings around how dependent I am upon it, when things go wonky or as they say in Newfoundland, the arse is gone out of 'er. The nature of being human is that we often take for granted what we have, until it's gone.

The Magician reminds me that I do have tools at my own disposal to take care of my mind, body, and soul if I only utilize them on a daily basis, and when I need them. If I do this my self-esteem and self-confidence and my gratitude is much more likely to remain intact.

Time for a hot cup of some honey, lemon, ginger and vinegar.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I am glad to hear your connection to the world is up and running again. It is hard to realize on how we once managed without the net...
"Using those tools on a daily basis" than they become like strong muscle which can save you when things go wrong. I've been trying to meditate more regularly but on a daily basis... mmm... not yet. The mistake we often make is to berate ourselves for our "failure"which only increase the weakening of that spiritual muscle

Unknown said...

Thank you Ellen. I went to bed last night at 6p.m. Finally feeling back to myself. One of my cats laid on my computer keyboard and it hasn't worked since! The on-screen key board has to do for now!

So very true what you say about those muscles!