Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Justice - Finding Our Authentic Voice




The Tarot never seizes to amaze me from day to day.

 I will frequently find time and time again, that the cards speak a truth just when you need it, regardless if you want to hear the truth or not. This is exactly what took place today, almost down to the minute, right after I drew the Justice card, and just before I wrote this post.What happened really cheesed me off to put it mildly, because it involved some low life trying to hack into my bank account and I was charged an NSF. This is the second time it has happened. Well this sure got me thinking about justice and what it means even more so prior to this incident.

When an injustice happens, our human nature can immediately want retribution of some sort to even up the score, balance the scales. This isn't what justice is, though it might feel like it. Vengeance and retaliation are not justice either. The fact is, people are not always punished for bad behaviour nor are they rewarded for good behaviour. The opposite is often true. This can allow for good citizens perhaps, but lousy human beings.

So I ask where is the justice in circumstances where injustices occur?

I expect we all have to find this answer within our own conscience, and I also believe a collective and universal consciousness exists that balances the wrong and right, the positive and negative, and distinguishing the light from dark. I do think it all comes out in the wash in the end.

I do choose to have the faith and hope that this happens. I refrain from a force-able resolution that infringes on someone's right or that really infringes on mine. This might sound like I'm sitting on the fence or refusing an assertiveness that is based on advocating for what is right. Advocacy is important but without action, it is ineffective and like a banging gong or a clanging bell. We need the kind of action that Brother Cornell West speaks about. Talk and reconciliation is cheap and empty, with a faith without the action of love.

Justice urges us to have a clarity of vision with an impartial judgement in service to others, balanced and based on ethical principles in fairness and truth.
We all have to find our own truthful authentic voice that takes responsibility for the impact we want to have in the world.




3 comments:

Ellen said...

I drew a card yesterday from my "Sacred rebels oracle": Free from Judgement. free to Love...

Unknown said...

Once again Ellen we are on the same psychic network lol :)

I've been thinking lots about you girlfriend <3 Prayers to you and blessings of trust, prayer and persistence.

Unknown said...

You are very much loved Ellen. <3