Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Four of Swords - Living Alone

 
Yesterday was a busy day for me, today is not, and I am glad of that. It's a good feeling, and  a gift to me, to know I don't have anywhere I have to be, and I can choose to do nothing if I want.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about living alone, as opposed to living with a partner. After many years of single life, I seriously wonder if I'd ever be able to live with anyone, or even if I want to. I love my solitude, my own space, and my own home, are some of the many advantages I enjoy of being single, and living alone. Of course there are pros and cons to living alone, or having to live with another.

Women seem to fair better being on their own then men, and I found an interesting article about it in the Huffington Post called, Women Living Alone. 

The Four of Swords speaks of taking a break, being at peace, reflecting and withdrawing from the business of life, and the noisy chatter inside the mind. Being retired I spend a lot of days to do just this, which feeds my creativity, and inner spiritual life. If I wasn't comfortable in my own skin, didn't enjoy my own company, I'd never be able to do this. Mind you, it can get noisy in my head. Not that I hear voices, just my inner critic.

The way I feel today, I am enjoying solitude, and withdrawal, with rainy weather, though the sun has come out again, regardless, I am taking the time to withdraw and accept the solitude, because today it feels good for my soul.. Heck I might even have a nap! Probably not, because, I don't do naps these days, but if I did I could! Instead I'll get outside and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather, because the geese have arrived and they mate for life. Wished I was a goose.





3 comments:

Ellen said...

I can so relate to this feeling. I've learned to love being on my own so much. And I know for sure I never want to change that for anybody ever. Sometimes I joke that when I die I want to take a note with me that says: Remember to come back as a woman and keep your own place to live in! :)

Unknown said...

Good one Ellen, maybe a tattoo
!I never imagined I would think this way as well. I'm certainly not adverse to having a relationship...just in different living spaces unless I felt otherwise. Funny I heard this comedian talking about how he didn't want to get married because of the high percentage of divorce. He compared it to crossing the street. When you go to cross, you find out 50% of the pedestrians get run over and die, would you cross the street? Lol

Ellen said...

LOL indeed!!!