Monday, December 8, 2014

Love Never Dies - Queen of Swords



The Queen of Swords continues on bravely in spite of loss.
She is very much the idealist, in that she can expect a lot from others. This can be a big disappointment if these expectations are unrealistic. My experience has shown me that people will, and do disappoint, because they will never measure up to unrealistic expectations.  I have to accept my short comings, know and understand, that I have in the past, and no doubt will continue to disappoint someone in some way, simply because I am a human being. I need to forgive and love myself and others for not 'measuring' up.

On the other hand people can surprise, delight and display loving kindness that will restore faith, and my belief in the capacity for love. In this troubled world today, I need to hold fast to this, because it gives hope.

 I don't have to expect others to believe in what I believe, but if they can truly love others, and show human kindness, this is what is important to me.

I lost a close friend to death yesterday, and though I know he was not so much a believer in God, he displayed more generousity of spirit, gentleness, and love than many people who don't, but profess to love God. I never expected this of him, and accepted him as he was, as he accepted me, warts and all.

I certainly will miss him, very, very much. He had a lot to teach others about love, and I hope he knew just how much he was loved. My friend had three essential qualities in order to live a full life, a love for his fellow man and woman, humility, and a great sense of humour. It was a privilege, and a great blessing to have known him.
Howard helped to show me the way, and to know that love never dies.



4 comments:

Las Magas said...

I'm very sorry for your lost. It is a very nice post Catherine and lovely video. And yes my friend love never dies and our beloved beings are always with us! I send you a big kiss and Muchas Estrellas.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Las Magas,

Always hard to accept that void of knowing those you love you will not see, but I know I will see them all again when I leave this mortal coil. Kisses and hugs back to you also <3

Ellen said...

Catching up with my favorite blogs and stumbled on your loss. Just wanted you to know I am so sorry you have to miss such a dear and special friend
My prayers are with you Catherine
Hugs Ellen

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Ellen. I went to his memorial today and of course it was very sorrowful but at the same time comforting. I know God spared him further suffering. I was good to see friends, family and so many in the community that came out. I am feeling better. Howard...he was one of a kind, very special very kind. I sure will miss my buddy he was really like my brother. <3