Friday, September 5, 2014

Six of Pentacles - Generousity



Although the Six of Pentacles has to do with the monetary generousity, I have to say, if we do not have a generousity of spirit our physical gifts are rather empty. There is a way of thinking of generousity that is making allowances for another's behaviour because of their intent. We can easily 'take' offense to what another does to us and we allow their behaviour to dictate how we behave. Instead of response we react but wanting to lash out, or start spinning our psychological wheels, feeling wronged or hurt, and maybe even feeling a little sorry for ourselves.

The Six of Pentacles is the perfect card for me at present. It is a good reminder for me not to take things personally, and be generous of spirit. God only knows there have been and are many folks being generous  with me.

It is very important for me to really know and understand, I am not perfect nor is anyone else, and so we need to be forgiving of one another in the generousity of spirit.

Hindu deity Lakshmi - the goddess of prosperity, wealth, purity, generosity, and the embodiment of beauty, grace and charm.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful post Catherine! The intent is so much more important than the content of the gift
WI think when you are forgiving somebody you are opening up part of your soul to new life.That part which was clung to regret, guilt and bitterness is now free to love again. In my opinion forgiving is more about freeing ourselves than about the one who is forgiven. That why it is so hard to forgive ourselves
Hugs

Unknown said...

Thanks Ellen, wow I thought, I'm having a similar day like you had when you posted the other day. :(

Yes your are so right. Forgiveness of the self, that's a bigger challenge, though it's gotten much easier with time for sure.
I connect much of this is regret and guilt is dependent and related to my state of mind, in that if I am feeling healthy I address those issues, if not, well there they are! Good news is I can start my day over any time I want!

Ellen said...

I am sorry to hear you've had some issues which made you feel uncomfortable. We are so inclined to take thing personally and as you say the more crappy we feel the more personal things become. I hope tomorrow will give you some new perspective ont the matter
hugs

Unknown said...

Thank you Ellen. <3