Friday, August 15, 2014

Three of Swords - Recovery



The Three of Swords is a card of pain and like all threes in the Tarot deck it signifies completion.The pain has come to the surface, and is a release of energy, so the path is clear to move forward toward recovery and celebration. There is separation and conflict, and indicates an inability to see, because of self-deception and fantasy.

Being sixty one feels great. The blinders are now off and my 'give a shit' has stopped working. The heart ache and pain of the past is behind me, though it still hurts from time to time. Regardless, I am now more comfortable, and confident in my skin, even though life can be problematic, it is a relief to know I can accept,  cope with it and thrive.

 I know I am healing along the continuum. I can care for myself and take responsibility for my own happiness. I now look to the future resolved with optimism. It is a good feeling, as opposed to my younger days, when I felt  insecure and emotionally unhealthy, and most of all, heartbroken.

Presently I am reading the Heroine's Journey by Maureen Murdock. It is helping me to understand myself and the reason's why I behave the way I do as a woman, and what lead to my heartache and pain. One particular statement I read really struck me, and made me think on a unconscious level from an early age I knew this to be true. This I am certain I have always loved dancing, it somehow connected me with the divine.

" Women access their spirituality through movement and body awareness, so a denial of the body inhibits the heroine's spiritual development. She ignores her intuition and dreams and pursues the safer activities of the mind. "

No comments: